You may be at increased risk of developing AML leukemia, MDS, or other benzene-related diseases if you worked in one of the benzene exposure industries listed below.
1. Benzene production
Such industries include petrochemicals, petroleum refining, as well as coke and coal chemical manufacturing.
2. Storage / transport of benzene
The storage or transport of petroleum products that contain benzene can also be hazardous.
3. Manufacturing of the following products:
- Coke and coal chemical
- Nylon and synthetic fibers
- Overview of Benzene Exposures
- How to File a Benzene Workers Comp Claim
- Filing Deadline for NC Benzene Workers Comp Claims
- Exposure to Benzene
- Benzene-Related Diseases
- Workers Exposed to Benzene
- Benzene-Containing Products
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benzene Cancer Resources